Full Job Description
Full Job Description:
Skytec is a leader in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), satellite remote monitoring, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies. Skytec provides competitive data capture, analysis, and information delivery services with a commitment to safety, innovation and achieving our clients’ objectives. We are a rapidly growing company and currently seek well qualified professional to lead our geospatial operations.
The Vice President of Geospatial Operations will lead all geospatial staff, operations, and initiatives at Skytec. This senior leadership position will ensure that all spatial data acquisition, analysis, and delivery processes and procedures adhere to established Skytec standards for excellence and client success. This position plays a lead role in strategic hiring and development of geospatial staff to support daily operations, project management, and company-wide research and development initiatives. The position will oversee key operations management staff, who serve as designated project contacts or technical leads. This position will report directly to the Skytec CTO.
· Serves as primary leadership contact for all geospatial operations at Skytec.
· Position will work closely with Chief Technology Officer and Geospatial Operations Manager to research, design, and implement geospatial and remote sensing technologies and technical project management systems.
· The position will serve as administrative lead for consulting and software development projects by providing planning, the delegation of tasks, and management of successful execution and objectives.
· Position will lead senior geospatial staff in the development, implementation, and maintenance of process and workflow management software for all geospatial operations and research
· This position will direct the Geospatial Operations Manager in the delegation of responsibilities and duties to teams of Data Analysts, Developers, Technicians, and interns for successful completion of project and operational technical tasks
· At the request of CTO, this position will conduct research on new hardware, software, and analytical techniques required to successfully complete Skytec objectives and reports these findings.
· This position will provide technical expertise and opinion to support business development activities and the generation of estimates and proposals for unmanned, GIS consulting, or software development projects.
· Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, Biological Sciences, Forestry, Physics, Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, or Planning with an emphasis in Geographic Information System/Remote Sensing techniques
· 10+ years of professional geospatial or remote sensing project management and leadership experience
· Experience supervising staff and budgeting
· Preferred candidate will maintain 15+ years of professional geospatial or remote sensing project management and leadership experience
· Preferred candidate will maintain 5+ years of technical or administrative experience with machine learning, deep learning, or GeoAI projects.
· Preferred candidate will maintain 5+ years of technical or administrative experience managing geospatial application development projects
· Position must be fluent in ESRI technologies and demonstrate high proficiency or awareness in remotely sensed data processing and analysis
· Position should be experienced managing complex geospatial production and analytical projects
· Position should have experience guiding and managing multiple teams of staff
· Position should maintain excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience with customer service and client interaction.
· Position requires highly motivated individual with ability to problem solve and lead with minimal direct supervision.
Position will require location in Chattanooga, TN. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location