at The City of Fort Worth
Pay Range: $70,308 – $91,400 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, July 7, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for GIS Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Management Analyst – GIS job is available with The City of Fort Worth Code Compliance Department. The Code Compliance Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by providing services for code enforcement, solid waste, animal welfare, consumer health and environmental quality. To do this, we are looking for a Senior Management Analyst (GIS Analyst) over our multifaceted department.
The Sr. Management Analyst – GIS job responsibilities include:
- Supervise staff, which includes prioritizing and assign work; conduct performance evaluations; ensure staff is trained; ensure employees follow policies and procedures; maintain a healthy and safe working environment; and, make hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations
- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identify resource needs; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements; and prepare reports which present and interpret data collected and compiled
- Create, manage and analyze GIS maps by gathering detailed information about infrastructure and services
- Direct, coordinate and review the work plan for assigned program services and activities; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures; and meet with employees to identify and resolve problems
- Implement new systems, methods and procedures; monitor program progress in meeting goals and objectives; conduct divisional updates to inform of project progress; adjust as necessary; and interpret, analyze and make recommendations from data
- Analyze historical data to plot trends; prepare profile of area being studied; maps process and work flows; and identify problem/opportunity areas
- Participate in special projects, including research of new programs and services, budget analysis and preparation and feasibility analyses; and prepare and presents reports detailing findings and recommendations
- Perform other related duties as required
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Four (4) years of experience in the analysis of processes, procedures, operations, systems or methods, including experience with GIS, budget/finance management, research analysis or a closely related field
Preferred Qualifications GIS job:
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Five (5) years of experience in an extensive GIS role
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including SharePoint and Smartsheets
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.